Tumblr is another microblogging app and platform for networking with people of like interest. It was founded by David Karp in 2007 and is currently owned by Automatic. The service allows users to post multimedia and other content to a short-form blog. Users can follow other users’ blogs. Bloggers can also make their blogs private depending on their choice.
One-stop platform to express, discover and connect with people of similar interests. With millions of active users daily and tons of posts on the platform monthly. You can simply post anything of your choice like images, videos, text, audio clips, etc. You even get to follow people and share their content by reblogging.
Features Of Tumblr
- It allows you to easily create blogs based on things that interests you.
- It has attractive templates and designs.
- It can be integrated with other social networks and applications.
- Allows you to quickly post updates.
- Accepts the publication of animated images in GIF format.
- Showcase arts and design.
- Reach a new audience that loves what you do.
10 Alternatives To Tumblr
Ghost is our number one choice as a Tumblr replacement, and it is where we currently host our website and blog. They have many of the standard features that Tumblr offers, plus much more.
Webflow is a classic content management system (CMS) that enables creatives to build custom sites with no coding experience required. Some major companies such as Dell, Hellosign, and Upwork use Webflow for their websites.
Medium is a blogging platform and social network. Their platform is built for bloggers and is content-focused rather than image-focused. This micro-blogging site has private and public post options, so you can control who can see your posts.
WordPress is an easy-to-use, customizable alternative to Tumblr. WordPress is a CMS that goes beyond the scope of most blogging platforms. This is both a pro and con to using their platform. First, it will be more complicated and the interface more cluttered because of its advanced functionality.
Newgrounds is one of the oldest Tumblr alternatives, founded in 1999. They are an independent blogging platform that is known for fan content. They do not censor content, so if you are switching platforms due to Tumblrs content censorship, this can be a great option.
Pillowfort is a user-friendly Tumblr Alternative. It is a new site that is still in beta. It is popular among fan communities, and they have strong fan content. With Pillowfort, you can create community spaces to share your interests, hobbies, and fandoms.
Dreamwidth is a free platform for creatives and art lovers. It is an open-source social network and publishing platform. They have a robust community of artists with community channels for special interests and features for artists to find one another online. You can follow your favorite artists and keep up with their new content.
Mastodon is an open-source microblogging platform with a strong online community feature and some really appealing features. They are a self-hosted social networking service that is entirely decentralized. Keep in mind that hosting your own website isn’t all fun and games. You’ll be responsible for any glitches on issues on the site.
Pinterest is a social network with a robust image database known for creating inspiration. It is a visually driven website rather than a content-heavy site.
Pinterest was created in 2010 by Ben Silbermann, Evan Sharp, and Paul Sciarra and has become increasingly popular. This image-based social media is used heavily in the DIY community.
Known as the creator’s network, Ello has created a strong community of artists. It’s great for artists to sell their artwork and collaborate with like-minded individuals. They have a beautiful, clean interface that is aesthetically pleasing. This is an image-centered social media platform, with a special emphasis on art and artists. One minor issue with this platform is that it has no dark mode abilities.
Is It Free And Subscription?
Tumblr is a free publishing platform with over 450 million users. To publish your content on Tumblr, you simply need to sign up for a free account. Tumblr, like the free blogging platform Blogger, does not run ads on its users’ blogs.
Pros And Cons Of Tumblr
- Easy to use
- Themes and customization
- Built-in audience
- Post many forms of content
- Niche interests and strong communities
- Good engagement
- Strong mobile app
- Integrates with other platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Ability to run multiple blogs
- The recent banning of adult content
- Customization is limited
- Some privacy concerns
- Lack of detailed analytics
- Does not support ads
How To Download Tumblr On Android, Ios And Computer?
- Download and install BlueStacks on your PC.
- Look for Tumblr in the search bar at the top right corner.
- Click to install Tumblr from the search results.
- Complete Google sign-in (if you skipped step 2) to install Tumblr.
- Click the Tumblr icon on the home screen to start playing.
For iOS and Android
- Go to App Store or Playstore.
- Search for ‘Tumblr’ on the search button at the top right corner of your device.
- Then click on Install.
How To Create Account On Tumblr?
- Go to www.tumblr.com.
- Type in your email address, a password, and a user name, and then click Sign Up.
- Type in your age, agree to Tumblr’s rules, and click Next.
- Select at least five interests, and then click Next.
- Click the link in the email that Tumblr sends you to verify your email address.
How to Share A Post on Tumblr
Copy the post permalink, share the post to Twitter or Facebook, or tap “More” (or “Other” on Android) to open your device’s share sheet. To share the post to another blog on Tumblr, tap one of the populated options in the “Tumblrs” section or use the search field to find the blog you’d like to message.
Tumble App Archive
The Tumblr Archive Is Simply a page of past posts in thumbnail format that allow you to quickly find past blogs by a particular member.
How To Delete A Post On Tumblr?
- Click the account icon, then select your blog.
- Locate the post you’d like to delete and click the trashcan icon in the toolbar at the bottom of the post.
- Confirm the post deletion by clicking “Ok.”
How To Delete Tumblr Account?
- Go to your Account and select Settings.
- Click the Delete account button at the bottom.
- Type in your email address and password and click Delete everything.
How To Find Someone On Tumblr?
- Open the Tumblr app on your mobile device.
- Tap the magnifying glass in the bottom toolbar to go to the Search tab.
- Tap the box that says “Search Tumblr” at the top and type your desired search term.
How To Save Posts On Tumblr?
- To save your blog, first go to the Account icon in the upper right hand of the dashboard.
- Then, choose Settings and the blog you want to save, then click the Export button at the bottom of the new screen.
- The site will start processing your blog information.
In conclusion, we could assure you after everything mentioned so far, that Tumblr is a very good tool to create and enhance your blogs. However, the success of the site will always depend on the quality of the content you offer, which will no longer depend on the platform, but on yourself as a content producer.