Do you have a business page on Facebook? Are you tired of using the Facebook page? Do you want to close it but don’t know how? Well, this article is going to show or teach you steps to deleting your Facebook business page.
There’s plenty of good reasons to have your business on Facebook. The social media unprecedented global reach makes for an excellent marketing channel for those that can properly utilize it. Also, locally-focused businesses, in particular, can use it to drive strong, engaged communities.
For Digital marketers, one of the most popular and widely used marketing must-haves today is a Facebook Business Page. With this knowledge, you would wonder why any marketer or business wants to remove their presence from the world’s largest social network. Or decide to delete their Facebook Business page.
WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO DELETE YOUR FACEBOOK BUSINESS PAGE?
There’s a number of good reasons to expunge your business’s presence from Facebook. But before you decide whether or not you want to delete your Facebook business page. You should understand that deleting your Facebook business page is different from deactivating your account. That is, once deleted, it can never be recovered.
However, people have different reasons why they may be deleting their Facebook business page. Perhaps, reasons like shutting down the business or just deciding that social media are not the right platform to reach your audience. Other reasons could be;
- The popular reason is that managing the Facebook Business Page is taking too much time. And probably not delivering enough return.
- There is usually no best way for them to engage with fans on Facebook. The community of fans seems to consist only of fake profiles, non-customers, and passive users.
- Marketers find it difficult for them to measure the ROI using the data that Facebook provides.
- Also, Facebook’s own algorithms are confusing or always changing. The platform seems to favor and reward paid content. While punishing organic posts and non-paid content.
- Some marketers concluded that Facebook does not favor their business. They’re unethical, and high rate of privacy violation. Sometimes, they fail to protect user data and let people create fake profiles and spread fake news.
Whatever reason you have for deleting a Facebook Business Page, the process is pretty simple.
You could try deleting the Page in the traditional way or using Facebook Business Manager.
Let’s first define Facebook Business Manager. This is the company’s all-in-one business dashboard for managing ad accounts. As well as Pages, and business-level insights and reporting.
DELETING YOUR FACEBOOK BUSINESS PAGE THE TRADITIONAL WAY
If you are trying to delete your Facebook business page without using the Facebook manager, you have to first, make sure you’re an admin of the Page. This is because you won’t see the option to delete a Facebook Business Page if you’re not an admin.
- First, visit your Page and click Settings at the top right.
- This will shoot you straight to the General tab of your Settings.
- Next, scroll down, and click on the Remove Page option.
- However, deleting your Page means that nobody will be able to see or find it. Meanwhile, once you click delete, you’ll only have 14 days to restore it in case you change your mind.
- After 14 days, you’ll be asked to confirm whether to delete it permanently.
- But, if you choose to un-publish rather than delete your business page instead, then only Admins will be able to see your Facebook Business Page.
If you want to delete your business page without using the traditional method, then follow the simple procedures below.
- First thing first, log into your Facebook Business Manager account.
- Now, on your home page, click on Business Settings at the top right.
- On Business Settings, search for Accounts. You would find pages on the left side. Next, select the page that you would like to remove from Facebook Business Manager.
- However, selecting the page will display the Page details on the right. Now, looking above the Page details, you’ll see the option to remove the Page from FBM.
- Now a simple click on this option will remove your Facebook Business Page from FBM. This simply means you can now delete the Page using the traditional way, as listed above.
One thing you should remember is that your Facebook Business Page won’t be permanently deleted until 14 days have passed. So you can un-publish your Page at any time to give yourself a break from running it. When you Un-publish your page, you won’t lose your fans and followers, or even your reviews.
Sometimes, running a Facebook business page can be a great way to promote our business and connect with fans. But with more and more engagement in private, Facebook groups, it’s becoming a lot more difficult to successfully run a Facebook page.
So, no matter what business you run with your Facebook business page, sometimes it’s time to say goodbye and hit the delete button.