Need to stay connected with family and friends? look no further skype might just be the best option for you. It affords one the opportunity to make and receive audio and video calls. Also, you even get to chat and send emojis and files to one another. It makes use of VoIP (Voice over internet protocol).
With this app, you can call anyone from any part of the world. It is completely free to use except you opt for the premium service. It started as far back as 2003 before Microsoft acquired it in 2011. It provides a variety of services for business, personal and creative use. It definitely can be downloaded on various devices like Andriod, iOS, and Computer.
Features Of Skype
- Well defined High audio and video calls.
- It gives you access Shared screen.
- You get to do live call recording and subtitles.
- Calls to local phones.
- Private conversations is secured.
How To Download On Devices
- Proceed to the Play Store App.
- Look for the Skype app at the top of the screen on the search bar.
- Tap to download and enjoy the app.
- From your home screen in the App Store
- Tap the Search icon. Search for “Skype” on the screen that appears.
- It should appear near the top of the list of apps that are returned.
- Tap Get and wait for the app to download and install.
- From your preferred browser, enter www.skype.com in the address line to
- open the Home page of the Skype Web site.
- Click on the Download button on the Skype home page to open the Download page.
- Skype will begin the download to your computer within seconds. …
- Select Save to Disk
Is It Free And Subscription?
Skype to Skype calls don’t cost a dime and it’s free to anywhere in the world. You can use this app on a computer, mobile phone, or tablet. If you are both using this app, the call is completely free. Furthermore, the users only need to pay when using premium features like voice mail, SMS texts, or making calls to a landline, cell, or outside of the app.
How do I get a subscription?
- Open this app on your device.
- Select your profile picture.
- Select. Skype to Phone.
- Under Subscriptions, find a subscription you want.
- Choose View all subscriptions to see more options if available.
- Select the Continue button for the subscription you want to purchase
How To Set Up A Call On Skype?
- From your device, scroll to your contact list
- Choose the contact you want to call, and then select the audio audio call buttonor video call button video button.
- To make a group call, simply add another participant to a one-on-one chat or select the Start Call buttonStart call button in a group chat.
- If the person you want to make an audio call to has a Skype or landline number added to their account, you have the option of calling that number with a Skype Credit or your Skype subscription.
- Note: Call audio is processed to filter echo and maintain audio quality.
- When the call ends, select the end call button end call button to hang up.
10 Alternatives To Skype
1. Google Hangouts.
How To Share Screen On Skype
- Click on the button with the three dots in the lower right area.
- Select ” Screen Share.”
- Then the app captures everything you need, click “Start now”.
How To Find And Use Emoji On Skype
- When you select a contact and open the conversation window,
- Procees to look for a small, circular smiley face icon in the box where you type a message.
- Select the smiley face, and Skype opens a window displaying the available emoji.
- If you’re on a computer, scroll through the emoji available on the app window to find the one you want to use.
Skyping With Alexa
Here is a more advanced and stress-free means of communication. Skype calling with Alexa allows you to make and receive calls through Alexa devices with just the sound of your voice.
Here’s what you need to begin making Skype calls with Alexa:
- Ensure you have an Alexa enabled device with the latest version of the Alexa app.
- Who you are planning to call should also have an updated skype
- Enable Alexa communications in the Alexa app.
- Connect Skype to your Amazon account in the Alexa app.
How To Delete Your Skype Account?
- From your device click on Skype app
- Tap on your Skype name, in the top left corner, and choose Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Delete Skype
- On the right-side panel, scroll down and click Close your account.
- Re-enter your password to verify your account.
- Delete Skype
Clearly, it is worthy to note that while you delete your skype account your entire Microsoft account also deletes too. After a waiting period of 60 days, your account on the app will be permanently deleted.
How To Record Your Call on the App?
- Here you will long press the + (Plus) Button While You Are Making The Call.
- You Will See A Button With A Circle That Says Start Recording.
- Click on It To Start Recording.
- A Message Will Be Displayed to all On The Screen Of All Participants.
How To Add, Delete And Block A Contact on the App
- From the app, proceed to the Chats or Contacts tab
- Right click or tap and hold on the contact you want to block and select View profile.
- Scroll to the bottom of their profile window and select Block contact.
- From the Block this contact?
- Select Block again to affirm your request.
- Click and add contact then Search Skype Directory.
- Enter the name or email address of the person you want to add
- Select the name of your contact from the list that appears.
- Tap on Add to Contacts to send a contact request.
- Head to your contacts tab, click and hold or right-click the contact you want to remove.
- Select Delete contact.
- In the confirmation window, select Delete contact again.
- After you delete the contact, they might still be able to see your detailed profile information.
In conclusion, Skype does offer end-to-end encryption, but it isn’t standard with all conversations, and it’s only for instant messages, not for video or audio calls.
You can decide to start a private conversation with anyone on either desktop or mobile. These chats are end-to-end encrypted for maximum security. Note that you’ll need to start a new conversation with someone to encrypt it, rather than encrypting your current conversation.