Four years ago, Facebook launched Facebook Live. This is a live video streaming service that lets anyone broadcast from their mobile devices or computer straight to their Facebook News Feed. These days, Facebook Live video has become so popular not just for large broadcasting networks, but also for small businesses.
In this article, I will be explaining what Facebook Live Video is. Also, how you go on live with both your mobile phone and your computer.
WHAT IS FACEBOOK LIVE?
This Live video service is a feature of the Facebook social network. It uses the camera on your computer and mobile device to broadcast real-time video to Facebook. When you make your broadcast, you can decide who on Facebook gets to see your video.
For marketers, Facebook Live is a fun and simple way for them to communicate their brand stories via video in real-time. They also build relationships with followers and fans. Marketers can also use this content to engage their audience during a moment that is salient to them.
Live broadcasting has become an effective and trendy tool for digital marketers as well.
HOW TO USE FACEBOOK LIVE VIA MOBILE PHONE
Initially, Facebook Live started as a mobile-only broadcasting feature. Now, Facebook Pages can broadcast from either mobile devices or desktop computers. However, in this section, we’ll go over how to use Facebook Live via mobile phone.
- First, tap the camera icon to the left of your search bar.
- Next, give Facebook access to your camera and microphone when prompted.
- Then switch to “Live” on the bottom of your camera screen.
- Very important….Choose your privacy and posting settings.
- Then, write a compelling description.
- Now, you can tag your friends, choose your location, or add an activity.
- Then, it’s time to set your camera’s orientation.
- You can add lenses, filters, or writing and drawing to your video. This is optional though.
- After adding whatever you need to add, then click the blue “Start Live Video” button to start broadcasting.
- Now, you can connect with viewers and commenters.
- When you are done broadcasting, click “Finish” to end the broadcast.
- Finally, post your reply and save the video to your camera roll.
- It’s as simple as the process listed above.
HOW TO GO ON FACEBOOK LIKE USING A DESKTOP
If you are a marketer and you are an editor of a Facebook page for your brand, you can also broadcast live from your desktop computer. Broadcasting live from a desktop computer is a good option for filming static broadcast.
Although, using a desktop computer is not as spontaneous as broadcasting from a mobile device. So, in this section, I will be stating the process of how can successfully broadcast live from your desktop computer.
- First thing first, go to your Page and tap the “Write something” box on your Facebook page.
- Then, write a compelling description of your video that will appear on your Page’s Timeline and in the News Feed.
- Just like the mobile device, give Facebook permission to use your computer’s camera and microphone.
- You have to check to make sure your description and video view are final before starting your broadcast.
- Then, click “Go Live” to start your broadcast.
- Finally, the broadcast will appear in the News Feed and on your Page’s Timeline. There, you can edit it by tapping the drop-down arrow in the upper-right hand corner.
TIPS FOR FACEBOOK LIVE
There are tips you should take note of for you to enjoy Facebook Live. These tips will help guide you for better broadcasting.
- Always test out live video using the “Only me” privacy setting. This is very important if you value your privacy.
- Try to space out live videos with other Facebook posts.
- You should always keep re-introducing yourself.
- Don’t make your followers bored by making your broadcast boring. Try as possible to make your video visually engaging.
- Whether you are a celebrity or a marketer, you should always make your video spontaneous.
- As long as you are testing out using the “Only me” privacy setting, don’t worry about mistakes or stutters.
- Look for ways to encourage viewers to Like and share the video.
- Also, don’t forget to always engage with commenters, and mention them by name.
- If you are too busy, you should have someone else watching and responding to comments from a desktop computer.
- Try as much as possible to subtitle your broadcast in the comments section.
- You should also try to ask viewers to subscribe to Facebook Live notifications.
- Ideally, you should broadcast for at least 10 minutes.
- Say goodbye before ending your video is a way to create a good relationship with your followers.
- At the end of your broadcast, you should add a link to the description later.
Facebook Live is really an interesting feature of the Facebook platform. You would totally enjoy it both on your mobile phone and your desktop computer. Simply follow the procedures and tips listed above. Get started with broadcasting on Facebook Live.