Facebook marketing is a great tool for small business owners to appeal to a larger audience while gaining feedback on goods or services. Because it’s easier to respond directly to patrons, a relationship can be easily built. Read the tips in this article so you can use Facebook marketing to the best of your ability.
Here Are Some of The Facebook Marketing Tips
- Always respond to comments written about you or to you on Facebook. This means you’ve got to monitor your wall regularly. Respond to concerns, especially when it is a direct question or product concern.
- Promote a contest using Facebook Offers. You only need to post the offer and then change it to Promoted Post on your wall. Depending on the offer, you may even want to promote it to people who aren’t followers.
- A fun and easy way to get followers on your Facebook business page are to create a contest. Loyal followers will share their contest entry with their own followers and spread the word quickly. The prize doesn’t have to be anything big, a sample product or small cash reward can be enough to spread the word.
- Do not forget to put contact information on your business’s Facebook page. This should include the same of your business, your phone number and the address of your business. If a person is interested in what they see on your Facebook page, it’s crucial that they have your contact information to learn more.
- Facebook is no longer a free marketing tool. As the site has evolved, it has made it ever harder to reach your target audience. Not only is it now overpopulated with your competition, but it is also overwhelmed with status updates by the millions of accounts. For most businesses, the only way to get seen today is to hire help, so consider that as an option.
- Offer something in exchange for signing up on your Facebook page. Having visitors register on your page lets you engage them in ongoing dialogue about your business. Offering them something, such as an entry in a sweepstakes, makes them more likely to register on your page and provide your business with valuable leads.
- Don’t ignore any comments or posts that appear on your wall. Doing so helps you develop a good reputation. Responding in a timely manner will help improve your credibility.
- Use pictures. Once you’ve got your site set up, share pictures with your Facebook friends and fans. These pictures can be of your product, or they can be inspirational or funny pictures. Your customers will share these pictures with their own Facebook friends, which raises your exposure across the site and will lead people to you.
- Have fun with your Facebook marketing. This seems like an odd tip, but really it’s very important. A lot of people approach Facebook marketing as a serious job. It is, but your tone can’t be too serious. This is a social medium where people gather to have a good time talking. If your brand feels like a stick in the mud, you won’t get much traction.
- Try turning your Facebook fan activity into advertising for your business page. You can use Facebook Sponsored Stories in the Facebook self-serve ad tool to do this. It basically turns the fans’ activities into ads. It lets you promote your business via displaying positive updates from the fans that mention your business or promoting news feed stories about fans that “Like” your page.
- Respond to comments or questions as soon as possible. With technology today, people like speed. The quicker you can be about responding to the questions and comments that your audience has, the better. This will show them that you really do care about them as customers and value them.
- Look for other brand’s best practices and learn from them. Facebook is not a new medium anymore. There are tons of companies dealing with Facebook marketing every single minute of the day. Look into what seems to be moving the needle, and figure out how your brand or company can be doing the same.
- Use a lot of bold colors on your facebook marketing page. The key is to grab the attention of anyone that happens upon your page without being so bold that you put them off. It is best to stay away from hot colors, however, as that can be very difficult to view on a computer.
- So, you have at last finished your Facebook page that highlights all the great features of your unique brand. Even if you have created a fantastic page, you will not be successful if people aren’t aware of your existence. To generate traffic to your page, current marketing campaign, or latest product take advantage of Facebook Ads and Sponsored Stories.
- Make sure you can constantly generate some educational or entertaining content for your Facebook page. If you have a hard time with finding new updates for your page, consider launching a blog or creating a series of videos so you have quality content to share regularly on your Facebook page.
- Don’t forget to promote your Facebook page through offline channels. There are many places that you can drum up interest in your Facebook page, including print advertising, on your business cards, on direct mailing pieces, and even on your shop windows! You can grab many new Facebook fans this way.
- Be strategic about when you post. Every target audience is different in terms of the time they have to surf social media sites during the day. If you are posting at 9am, but your audience tends to surf at night, then you are missing out on golden opportunities to build communication and community with these people. Post when your audience tends to be around.
Because of the ability to use mixed-media posts, “share” and comment on pages, and create a dialogue between the patrons and the business, Facebook marketing is a powerful tool. Tapping into the power of Facebook can make it easier to appeal to a wider, more varied audience. Remember these tips for your benefit!