Google Pay is a digital wallet and an online payment platform developed and owned by Google on 8th January 2018 to facilitate purchases and for use in payment systems, from mobile devices without stress. The service can automatically sync your saved debit or credit cards from wherever you are logged into your Google account for quick payments. If you have access to the internet you can as well use google pay.
It will also import your loyalty cards, tickets, and offers from your Gmail account so that you have them available when making a payment. Google Pay is compatible with most major marketplaces, gas stations, and department stores around the world.
HOW TO USE GOOGLE PAY?
Getting started with Google Pay is very easy and not stressful. First of all, you will need a debit or credit card, or a PayPal account, a Google account, and a device compatible with the service like an Android mobile with KitKat, a Wear iOS watch or a Chromebook. You can even use it with an iOS device, although in this case, you can only use the account to pay online, and not in a store. H
How to Add Accounts or Payment Methods to Google Pay
This will depend on the use you want to give the service. If you only plan to use Google Pay online. For example, Google Play movies or apps, you can set up your account from the Google Play app, by following these steps:
- Enter the Google Play Store app.
- Click on the menu of three parallel lines in the upper left corner.
- Select the Payment methods option:
- You can add a PayPal account, credit, or debit card. Which the service will use whenever you buy something like an application or a game, directly through Google.
How to Change or Delete Payment Methods
If you want to change or delete a payment method. For example, a credit card that you no longer use. It is not difficult. You will simply have to do the following:
- Enter the Play Store from your mobile.
- Click on the three-line menu on the left side of the search bar.
- Click on the Payment methods option.
- Select the Payment settings option:
- You’ll see a list of your current payment methods, with Delete or Correct buttons at the bottom of each one.
IS IT SAFE AND FREE?
It is human of us to be scared and want to be sure we are in safe hands. Yes, adding credit and debit cards to Google Pay is safe, free, and more secure than physical cards, since the phone uses the owner’s fingerprint to verify the transaction. So it is more secure than the typical PIN of physical cards of your local banks.
In addition, Google Pay generates virtual cards, so transactions are not made with the real number of the cards, but with a fictitious one. In this way, merchants do not have access to the real information of the cardholder, improving privacy and reducing the risk of fraud.
Another advantage of this system is that you can load all the cards and payment methods (PayPal, for example) that you want, within the application and you can choose at any time with which to pay. In this way, you do not have to carry all the cards and you can even leave your wallet at home.
GOOGLE PAY ON ANDROID
Google Pay already comes with most Android devices, so you shouldn’t have to download and install it manually. However, Google Pay is also in the middle of transitioning to a new app, so right now there is an old version that is currently stable and a new version that is rarely known.
If you are still using the older version of this app, open the app and tap the Get Started button.
The next step offers you the option of getting the new Google Pay app or setting up your existing one.
If you prefer to stick with the stable version, tap the prepare it button.
If you’ve already added a credit or debit card through the Google Pay website, or have information stored in Chrome, the app shows your current payment method.
If it is not there, you will be asked to add a card.
You can then add additional cards by tapping the Add a new entry card. You can then take a photo of the card or add it manually.
When you set up contactless payments in the Google Pay app on your android device, your payment method automatically adds to your Android device settings.
If you uninstall the Google Pay app, your payment method stays in your Android device settings and can still be used.
If you remove your payment method from the Google Pay app, it’s automatically removed from your device too.
GOOGLE PAY ON iOS
iOS products like iPhones also support Google pay.
- Download the new Google Pay app from the App Store. From the app’s home screen
- Sign in with your Google account, if necessary, or confirm the account that appears.
- Touch continue and enter your phone number, then confirm the code that sent you the text message.
- You will then be asked to configure your privacy preferences.
- Choose if you want your friends to find you when they search for your number.
- Decide if you want to earn rebates and discounts. Determine if you want to enable Google Pay personalization.
- In the end, the app asks if you want to use Face ID or Touch ID to authenticate your Google Pay payments.
- Then you are taken to the Pay screen, where you can read about different app options and manage your account.
GOOGLE PAY ON COMPUTER
To set up Google Pay on the website, you need to sign in to your Google account on the website. If you have financial information saved with Chrome’s AutoComplete feature, those credit and debit cards will automatically transfer to Google Pay. If you don’t have any information saved, you will have to enter it manually during the setup process.
- On the website, Tap on the Add button to enter a payment method.
- Enter your credit or debit card information, your name, and your billing address.
- Tap on Save and then select Done.
- If financial information has been transferred, you must first enter the security code that appears on the back of the card before it is activated for contactless payment.
BANKS THAT USE GOOGLE PAY
Google Pay share connections with tons of banks and payment providers. All cards are compatible and some can be used in many places. Google Pay is accepted everywhere in the world. As much as you have android or iOS and access to the internet, you can use Google pay.
Google Pay can be used to send and receive money in the US, India, and Singapore and featured in countries like Australia, Canada, India, Japan, Russia, Singapore, Ukraine, United Kingdom, the United States, and countries in Africa.
Security is one of the most important things you can consider when choosing the right payment options as a consumer. Like other mobile wallets, Google Pay keeps things reasonably secure because it doesn’t send your credit card details anywhere. Instead, you get an encrypted code that is delivered to the merchant.
The code goes from the merchant to the credit card issuer, who verifies that it is correct. If you lose your phone or if your device is stolen, there is the option to wipe Google Pay remotely. It can also increase your chances of protecting yourself in the box and elsewhere.
Setting unique strong passwords for your account is a good start. Making sure you have a screen lock on your Android or iPhone devices is another important step. With this, you will have a good experience on Google pay for your payments online.