Google Drive is cloud storage launched in April 2012 by Google. It allows users to store important files on their servers synchronize files across devices and share files. This app has over 800 million users. It is a safe place to back up and share your important files. And this can be done from any device. It is available for windows, android, and ios smartphones, and tablets.
Users can change their privacy settings you can enable sharing with other users or making certain content public. You can find images by simply describing the image with the use of natural language. Google Drive recently ended support for Android devices running Android 4.0 ice cream sandwich or older versions. The app continues to work for the Android version with the upgraded OS.
Is Google drive free?
Yes, Google drive is free. It offers users 15 gigabytes of free storage. For the basic plan. But if you need more storage medium you would have to pay additional fees. You can get up to 100GB, 200GB, 2TB, 5TB, 10TB, 30TB etc.
It gives users 15GB of free storage space which can be shared across files in Google Drive. Messages and attachments in Gmail, pictures, and videos. Though users can purchase extra storage through either a month or a year payment. This option was created in December 2016. And it’s limited to the 100GB or 1TB storage plans.
Purchased storage is renewed automatically when it expires. Users can upgrade the storage anytime they like. Note When your subscription expires and you don’t renew your storage space will be reversed back to the normal 15GB. You won’t be able to add new files to google drive but could still view content from the subscribed space.
Features of Google drive
One of the best features is sharing. This is a file-sharing system in which the creator of a file is by default its owner.
- The owner can change its visibility from public to private.
- Documents can be transferred privately to another user.
- You can share files with people that are not on Google drive, all that is required is making them accessible to anybody with the link.
- Third-party apps work with Google Drive this can be accessed from the chrome web store. To add an app all that is required is to sign into the chrome web store.
- in addition, Google storage has a feature called file viewing which allows users to view files formats.
- Metadata allows you a space to describe your file and folders.
- Google Drive allows mobile apps to edit documents and spreadsheets.
- In addition, users can take a photo of document symbols or other text the app was updated with a material design that improves search and the ability to add a custom message while sharing a file and pdf.
How to use Google Drive
Just like most platforms. To use Google drive, you would have to create a google account. This is free to create as it does not require any fees for signup. You also get access to other Google services like Google Calendar, Photos, Gmail etc. Once this is done, you can always access your drive from the web interface.
Simply type “drive.google.com” and you would see the drive right in front of you. It has a simple layout and is also user-friendly.