FaceTime is a videotelephony product developed by Apple. It is an application used for video and audio calls. Apple developed it in 2010 to connect users of its iPod Touch, iPad, and iPhone devices, as well as Mac computers.
With a link created by the host using an apple device. You stay connected with your friends and loved ones. This app is solely for apple users. Though windows and andriod users can join through the link created.
Features Of Facetime
- Blocking Unwanted FaceTime Calls.
- Capturing a Live Photo With FaceTime.
- Using Memoji and Animoji When in FaceTime.
- Using Effects in FaceTime.
- Eye Contact.
Pros And Cons Of Facetime
- Inbuilt with all Apple products.
- Automatically populates with your apple contacts.
- Works well over 3G
- Inbuilt into Apple Address book to ease calling.
- Chat Rooms Are Risky.
- People Can Reach Each Other Instantly.
- It Needs The Internet In Order To Work.
- Consume A Large Amount Of Data.
- Data Plan Must Be Increased To Use It.
How To Download Facetime App On Devices
- Go to your Android devices and go to the Google Play Store.
- Tap the icon from your Home screen.
- Go to Search at the right corner and type FaceTime
- Tap the FaceTime icon.
- Tap the Install button.
- Using your IOS device, go to the App Store.
- Tap the icon from your IOS device Home screen.
- Go to Search and type “FaceTime”
- Tap the FaceTime icon.
- Tap the Install button.
- Download the Bluestacks software on your PC or Mac.
- After successful installation, open the Bluestacks emulator on your PC.
- Once it is opened, you will be able to see the Home screen of Bluestacks.
- Google play store comes pre-installed in Bluestacks. On the home screen, find Playstore and double-click on the icon to open it.
- Now search for the App you want to install on your PC. In our case search for FaceTime to install on PC.
- Once you click on the Install button, FaceTime will be installed automatically on Bluestacks. You can find the App under the list of installed apps in Bluestacks.
- Now you can just double click on the App icon in blue stacks and start using FaceTime App on your laptop
10 Alternative to Facetime
- Facebook Messenger
Facebook Messenger is free. It is probably the easiest alternative to FaceTime on Android. Tons of people use Facebook and that includes your friends.
Video calls can be done with other people via messenger. The app itself is functional even if it is bloated and annoying. It works across all platforms from iOS to Android to Computers.
- Google Duo
Google Duo is also free. Google It’s a simple live video chat service.
The best part of this app is that it’s cross-platform. It has a few nifty features, such as Knock Knock which lets you see callers before you pick up their video chat call. It’s easy, free, multi-platform, and it works really well.
- Private Messenger
Signal Private is free. It features group chats, video calls, voice calls, and end-to-end encryption for security. The video and voice call clarity is good and it works quite simply. Signal Private Messenger is open source, secure, and one of the better FaceTime alternatives.
Snapchat is a free app, and one of the most popular. It uses photo chatting instead of traditional text chatting. Video call with at least 16 people in the room. The app comes with some neat AR functionality, and the self-destructing messages are popular with most of its users.
- Google Hangouts
Hangouts are Google’s service for both real-time text chat and video. One of the best things about it is that it’s massively cross-platform and linked to your Google ID. Not only does Hangouts work great on every Android phone, but you can also take it to your desktop—even your Mac desktop.
Houseparty is free. It lets you and a handful of friends set up online video chat rooms that are nearly just as fun as visiting folks in their real homes. Although each room is relatively small, you can swap between an endless number of rooms to keep the party going. Useful notifications let you know whenever someone is ready to discuss and chat with you.
Viber is free and it started out as a text and audio messaging app, but the team quickly realized that it would need to add features to compete in a crowded marketplace.
WhatsApp is free and it is one of the most popular messaging apps. It’s an entirely free service that allows you to text chat, voice call, and video call your friends. It’s cross-platform with virtually everything so it doesn’t really matter what your friends have.
Zoom is not all free but it is a decent, cross-platform video chat app. It promotes itself as a business or education platform but anybody can use it. It supports video chats with up to 100 participants and also includes encryption, screen sharing, and all kinds of other features.
JusTalk is a good video chatting app. It boasts decent quality video on every kind of connection except for 2G. It also gives you the option of doing things like doodling on the screen while you chat, image sharing, and there is even theming
Can Android And Windows Facetime?
FaceTime is solely for iOS. Although it is now easy for android and windows devices to facetime. By simply joining through a link sent by an apple device. The android or windows user can not host a meeting on the app. It has to be initiated by an apple product user.
How To Facetime Between iOS And Android.
- To use FaceTime on Android, you’ll need a supported browser and the other person with an iOS device.
- The iOS device will open the app on their device and select “Create Link.”
- Then tap the “Create Link” button in the iOS device.
- And then share the link to the Android user through WhatsApp or messaging app.
- The Android user will click the link. As said earlier only chrome is supported.
- Enter your name in the box and tap “Continue.”
- Then select “Join” from the floating toolbar at the top.
- Tap the “Join” button.
- The person with the iOS must grant you access before you join.
- Then you can start facetime.
How To Open An Account On Facetime.
- Open the Facetime app or go to settings and click on FaceTime.
- And then turn on the FaceTime heading and select use Apple ID.
- Enter your Apple ID and password into the fields provided and then touch “Sign In.” Tap “Next.”
- Drag “Use Cellular Data” to “On” to enable the use of FaceTime on data connections
- Select “Contacts.”
- Then you are in.
How To Make A Facetime Video Call.
- Open the FaceTime app.
- At the top of the screen, enter the email address or phone number of the person you want to call.
- Enter the person’s name if you have a card for the person in the Contacts app, just enter the person’s name.
- Then make a call.
How To Use Share Play On Facetime Call.
- Go to FaceTime app then open a video streaming app that supports SharePlay.
- Select a show or movie you want to watch, tap the Play button, then select Play for Everyone.
- If it appears then everyone on your call can begin to watch it.
How To Blur Background On Facetime.
- Open the app and initiate a video call.
- Open Control Center with a diagonal swipe down from the top-right corner of your screen.
- Tap the Video Effects button.
- Tap the Portrait button to enable it.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to dismiss Control Center and return to the call.
- Unless you reveal your background people at the other end won’t be able to see you clearly.
How To Use Screen Share On Facetime
- Start a FaceTime call.
- Tap the Share Content button.
- Tap Share My Screen.
FaceTime enables users to take pictures during live videos. The photos taken during the call are saved in the phone Library but both the person that takes the picture and the other person will receive notification that someone has taken a photo.
In conclusion, FaceTime helps deaf people communicate and businesses can provide a better service for their customers. It is also a very safe application to use and allows people to see each other’s emotions