A CRM system, also known as a customer relationship system, keeps track of these types of processes. By having an accurate record of what customers are doing in terms of revenue and what their activities are, you can adjust your process accordingly. A combination of all these insights combined in one convenient place allows you to save:
- Cost reduction
- Better customer satisfaction
- Easy to approach the customer in a unique way
- More profit
Customer relationships form the core of most companies. After all, you deliver your products or services to your personal customers. We do not have to tell you how important the maintenance of customer relationships is.
What is a CRM System?
All customer relationships are recorded in a CRM system. CRM, therefore, stands for ‘Customer Relationship Management. In one overview you, therefore, have control over the data that you need from customers. This is useful for a few customers to actually maintain the ‘relationship’.
But if it concerns hundreds of thousands of customers, then the data is very valuable for approaching new customers and the approach is very different.
How does a CRM system work?
CRM does not work if it is not clear what the company wants to achieve. A good strategy is accompanied by the use of a CRM system. In principle, it works relatively easily. The customer contact is registered and the corresponding promotions as well. You can also directly track satisfaction and ask for improvements. Based on this data you collect information on how you can better approach future customers.
This is all recorded in the CRM system. For example, you can create a customer profile and keep track of what is being ordered, what the wishes are, the comments are, and, for example, the plans for the future. You can also keep track of what you want to do per customer at a specific time in an agenda. In short, a CRM system offers a very efficient and central overview of your entire customer base. The software does not cost a lot of money and in proportion, you save a lot of time with it.
Five Benefits of CRM software
We now know what a CRM system is and what it does for a company. It is also clear that when used properly, it can produce seriously positive results for the growth of a company. Let’s summarize the benefits:
- The customer experience gets better – By capturing all facets of the customer, employees can see what customers value and anticipate this. This ensures better customer service and therefore more satisfied customers.
- More control for management – As a manager, it is always important to have priorities in order. With a CRM system, you have a much better insight into which customers contribute the most to the profit of the company. These can then, for example, receive extra attention. It is also the other way around. A manager gains insight into which customers are dissatisfied with the causes. Such a program makes it much easier for a manager to come up with a solution.
- Better marketing – Now that you know what the wishes of the customers are, you can determine whether you can engage in cross-selling. Now it can become clear whether you can sell other products to existing customers. It can, therefore, increase customer value and also shows how.
- Higher efficiency between departments – Because everyone can see the customer data of each part, departments of a company can communicate and collaborate better. The finance department can see how many customers are generating and can then communicate this with, for example, the sales or marketing team. The hours normally spent on meetings can then be spent on selling.
- Fewer errors – Everything is collected in one central location. So where previously there were communication errors, e-mails that did not arrive and people absent from meetings now does not matter. With a few clicks, you have all the necessary information about customers, the corresponding turnover and wishes. Everything is registered, so that much less can go wrong in the process.
- CRM combined with other business software
- You often see that people nevertheless choose to link a centrally regulated customer system to, for example, an invoicing program or an accounting program. This way the entire circle can be completed. You can recruit customers, determine what they want to buy. Prepare an invoice for this in the invoice program and with the accounting program, the payments are recorded and processed in your administration. In this way, for often less than € 30 per month, you have largely automated your entire business process.
- If we look at people’s experiences, you can see that the benefits are worth much more than the costs. The number of hours saved with this can now be spent on more important things and optimizing your company.
- It is important that you look for a provider that matches your wishes. After all, CRM systems often concentrate and focus on specific sectors. For example, CRM systems have been specially designed for construction and others for healthcare. After all, a physiotherapy practice has very different customers than a construction company or contractor. Therefore use our filters to find a suitable choice!
As we discussed, it really matters what kind of company you have. Do you have an SME or do you work for this, then there are probably many more customers. If it is about a small sole trader or a self-employed person where the customers can be counted on 2 hands, then it is best to go for a very simple CRM system.
The price differences here are large and therefore it is important that you start comparing. It is not that one program is the best. It is about which system offers the best solution for your company. Therefore, use our filter options so that you can make a targeted search.