First released as an add-on package plus for windows 95, the internet explorer has over the years evolved and become one of the best web browsers. Although by Mid-June 2022, Microsoft announced that it would be discontinuing the graphically enhanced web browser. It sure did provide a fast, reliable, and safe experience surfing the web.
It has served millions of users for over 25 years in operations. the latest version I.E 9 is highly popular among other web browsers. It has an overhauled interface which makes it transparent. It also provides better integration with Windows and lets you pin websites to the bar for bookmarks.
Who Owns Internet Explorer?
Also known as I E (formerly Microsoft Internet Explorer usually abbreviated to IE) is a series of graphical web browsers developed by Microsoft Corporation, (a leading American computer software company) for the Microsoft Windows operating system since 1995.
Does Internet Explorer Still Exist?
Yes I.E is still existing in 2021 but Microsoft already knows what day it will die. The well-known search engine will stop working soon because Microsoft has decided to bury it
How To Update Your Internet Explorer?
Updates are often a headache for users. Completing various steps and fine-tuning new features in a program is not always easy for computers to digest. Any missed or wrong step can affect the performance of the software, which is why you will be shown how to update I.E with a step-by-step guide.
1. From your browser, go to the official I.E support page. There, enter the “Downloads” menu.
2. In this menu, select the version of I.E you want, depending on your computer’s operating system. If you don’t know how many bits your operating system is, check its properties and characteristics through the Windows control panel.
3. After choosing the language of your preference, click “download”. The download of the .exe file extension will start automatically.
4. At the end of the file download, run the file as administrator.
5. Then, click on “install”. Once the installation is complete, you will have to restart your computer to finish the process.
How To Install Internet Explorer On Laptop?
1. Go to the Microsoft page windows.microsoft.com
2. Navigation bar
3. Now, place your cursor on the Downloads option found in the menu at the top of the page.
4. You’ll see a drop-down menu appear. There, you need to click on the I.E option.
5. download IE for Windows 8
6. The I.E Downloads page opens. There, click on I.E 9.
7. Select the version of your computer by clicking the drop-down menu next to the language you want to download.
8. Download language
9. If you don’t know which version your computer is, you can find out in the following way:
10. Click the Start button.
11. In the drop-down menu select the option My Computer.
12. Then, click on the Properties option.
13. A list will appear with the characteristics of your computer. In the System type option, you will find the number of bits your computer works with.
14. Then, click on the Download button.
15. The download dialog will appear. There, click on the Run button.
16. Wait for the program download to finish. When you do, a dialog box will appear asking if you want to restart the computer. There, you must click on the OK button to finish the procedure.
Devices That Support Internet Explorer
These are the list of devices that support I.E. Some of it has been listed below but not limited to the following:
- Windows Vista 32-bit with Service Pack 2 (SP2) or higher
- Windows Vista 64-bit with Service Pack 2 (SP2) or higher
- Windows 7 32-bit or higher, Windows 7 64-bit or higher
- Windows Server 2008 32-bit with Service Pack 2 (SP2) or higher
- Windows Server 2008 64-bit with Service Pack 2 (SP2) or higher.
Versions Of Internet Explorer Different System.
Internet Explorer version numbers for Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows 8 use the following format:
Release Versions Of Internet Explorer For Windows
- 9.0.8112.16421 Internet Explorer 9 RTM
- 11.0.9600. Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1
- 11.0.9600. Internet Explorer 11 for Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows
- 11.10240.0 Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10 (initial version)
- 11.14393.0 Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10 version 1607
- 11..17134.0 Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10 version 1803
- 11.17763.0 Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10 version 1809
- 11.18362.0 Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10 version 1903
How To Get Internet Explorer On Google Chrome?
Open Chrome in Windows and click here to go to the Chrome Web Store IE Tab webpage. First-time users: Click the IE Tab icon in the Chrome toolbar and, if prompted, download/save the IE Tab Helper.
Alternatives To Internet Explorer
We all know that among these alternatives we find Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox, but in addition to these, there are other quite interesting options that perhaps many of us did not know.
3 alternatives that offer very good features and that really deserve a chance to be installed on your computer.
It is a browser aimed at Internet users and users of social networks. With the use of flock you can interact in a better way with Flickr, Youtube, Facebook.
2. Avant Browser
Also known as the fastest browser on earth (this according to its creators). Among its main features is the ability to save your profile online and access it from anywhere in the world and additional functions through mouse gestures. I
This is part of the famous KDE project and is offered as free and totally free software. Konqueror is mainly characterized by being a file organizer, it is also a web browser. It works with panels, its interface is very simple and its file manager allows you to view the contents of the directories. It is undoubtedly one of the serious alternatives to I.Ethat we must take into account.
4. Google chrome
6. Microsoft edge
Why Internet Explorer Ending Soon?
Microsoft announces the definitive closure of I.E for June 2022. Loved by many, hated by others, the fact is that it has been for better and for worse part of the history of the Internet that we have all seen grow. The constant crashes of toolbars, add-ons, and browser objects can not be looked aside.
This allows Microsoft to give birth to Microsoft edge. A more advanced web browser and functions for the delight of its users.
Is Internet Explorer On Google Chrome?
Internet Explorer is available on google chrome. It is a free browser extension called “IE Tab” that can be added to Chrome or to Firefox in Windows to allow I.E components to support displaying and running web pages in a tab inside Chrome or Firefox.
Microsoft has been working hard in recent years to get users to stop using I.E, especially since the introduction of Edge in 2015, but there are more, especially companies, that are still dependent on the browser.
As part of getting users to switch to new and modern browsers, the company has introduced a “legacy mode” in the new Edge that allows you to view web pages, which are specially designed for I.E in Edge.